Friday, December 30, 2005

Freaky dream

I had a... let's say "interesting" dream yesterday. not freaky per se, but it was something else. so here it is:

It jumped right into action with me getting married to someone. and no, i'm not gay. i don't usually dream about getting married. and i don't cry, i work out (thanks starsky and hutch). but yeah, i was getting married at this age to someone who i hardly got to know and grow with yet. her parents disapproved, my mom disapproved (funny, my dad didn't seem to care much. hah!), and I, myself, was unsure of tying the knot with somebody i hadn't fully gotten to know. i'm pretty sure i loved her though. But she said something to the extent of being fully confident in us and getting married and wanting to spend a long long time with each other. made me feel more at ease. and i think the dream ended right after we got married, right when i was RUDELY awaken by my friend. but good thing, or i woulda forgotten it.

But it felt good. I mean, you know, being "married" - even though it really was just in my dream. just having that one person you can be best friends with for the rest of your life, sharing of and trusting each other fully, unabatedly. According to a study, that's the number one reason why people married for a long time have remained faithful - their spouse is their best friend. unfortunately, that's a really rare blessing in today's society.

I just wonder what that dream meant, if anything...